Strawberry Spinach Salad
From "The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook" by Mark Hyman, MD Macadamia nuts and strawberries are a wonderful combination. This salad is cool and refreshing, great for a summer party!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 10 whole(s) fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounce(s) baby spinach, rinsed well
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 14 whole(s) fresh strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- Make the vinaigrette: Combine 10 strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sesame seeds, 1/2 cup olive oil, salt and pepper in a blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl combine the spinach, onion, macadamia nuts, and strawberries and toss gently. Serve the vinaigrette on the side. Leftover vinaigrette can be stored in the refrigerator and used for up to 5 days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by evgamache and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note