Strawberry-Sour Cream Ice Cream
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 2.5g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 34mg
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, rinsed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half (light cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Hull strawberries and place in a 3- to 4-quart pan. Coarsely mash with a potato masher. Add 1/2 cup sugar and stir occasionally over medium-high heat until mixture begins to bubble, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Nest pan in a bowl of ice water and stir often until cold, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from ice water.
- 3. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, sour cream, half-and-half, vanilla, and almond extract to berries; stir until blended (mixture will be streaked).
- 4. Pour into an ice cream maker (1 1/2-qt. or larger capacity). Freeze according to manufacturer's directions until mixture is softly frozen, dasher is hard to turn, or machine stops.
- 5. Spoon out and serve softly frozen or, to scoop, freeze airtight about 3 hours; store airtight in the freezer up to 1 week.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/2 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry-Sour Cream Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Dairy, Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Ice-Cream Maker
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day
- PUBLICATION: Sunset
More Recipes for Desserts