Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 113
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 24.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 tablespoon calorie-free sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 1 pint)
- 6 spongecake dessert shells (5-ounce package)
- Combine sweetener and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat, and stir in extract. Cool completely.
- Combine orange juice mixture and strawberries in a bowl; stir gently. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon sauce over dessert shells.
- Tip: This luscious sauce is also good spooned over no-sugar-added ice cream, angel food cake, or fat-free pound cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note