Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 cup(s) butter
- 2/3 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 cup(s) fresh strawberries sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 1. In a large bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and cream
- of tartar. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives. Stir in cream
- and egg.
- 2. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2 minutes. Press
- into a half inch thick sheet. Cut into squares. Place on baking
- 3. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, or until golden. Sprinkle 3
- tablespoons sugar over sliced berries.
- 2. Let shortcakes cool before splitting and filling with sugared berries.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KristinSessions and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings