Strawberry Shortbread Icicles
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground pink peppercorns
- 2 2/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- coarse decorating sugar (opitional)
- 1 Icing
- silver or white nonpareils (optional)
- 1 - Heat oven to 300F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2 - In mixing bowl, beat butter on medium for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, preserves, vanilla, peppercorns, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; beat until well-combined. Beat in as much flour as you can; stir in remaining by hand.
- 3 - On lightly floured surface roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Use a 6 to 7-inch round scallop-edge tart pan to cut rounds, re-rolling and cutting as needed (will have 3 to 4 rounds total). Using two spatulas, transfer 1 or 2 rounds to each prepared baking sheet, spacing 1-inch apart. Using a pizza cutter, randomly cut rounds in wedges; do not separate. Lightly brush with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 4 - Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until centers are set and edges begin to brown. remove baking sheets from oven. Recut wedges; let cool slightly on pan. Transfet to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5 - Ice cooled shortbread; arrange nonpareils.
- ICING: In bowl combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in additional milk for speading consistency.
- ***The same dough was used to make the shortbread icicles, above, and the diamonds. For the icicles, we used a scallop-edge tart pan to cut circle. A bowl or round canister, 6 to 7 inches in diameter, will work too. For diamond shapes, use the short edge of a rectangular tart pan or a crinkle vegetable cutter to cut free-form diamonds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Shortbread Icicles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes