I made this in Spring, with strawberries from our local strawberry patch, using it on pork tenderloin. It is the bomb! My husband said that this recipe has the perfect blend of flavors, and it's true. The strawberries and dried cranberries are sweet/tart, the red pepper flakes add heat, and the avocado is cool and creamy. Don't pass this recipe by!
A confetti of bright, sunny flavors, Strawberry Salsa adds an over-the-top finish to grilled pork, beef, chicken, or even fried catfish.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup red pepper jelly
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Whisk together red pepper jelly, chives, cilantro, lime zest, fresh lime juice, and dried crushed red pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in strawberries and sweetened dried cranberries; cover and chill 1 hour. Stir in diced avocado just before serving. Serve with grilled or pan-fried meats, poultry, or seafood.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note