Simple and delicious. I made this for a large family gathering and everyone loved it. The dressing is the best poppy seed dressing I've ever had and so easy to make. I will make this over and over for both entertaining and eating in.
Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Add this refreshing, colorful strawberry salad to your next dinner party menu. The recipe is a nice contrast to any number of entrées and side dishes.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 78
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (10-ounce) bag romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl; add strawberries and almonds, tossing to combine. Divide salad evenly among 6 plates. Drizzle 1 tablespoon dressing over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note