Very tasty. Easy. Making 1/2 recipe will make 24 mini cupcakes. I used seedless raspberry jam, which worked well.
Strawberry jam and rose water are baked directly into the vanilla cupcakes to infuse delicate, fragrant flavor into these party-ready cakes. Garnish with fresh rose petals in the colors of your party.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 4.2g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 228mg
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp. rose water*
- Cream Cheese-Rose Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups small rose petals (organically grown)
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line 16 muffin cups with liners. Beat butter and sugar with a stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk; beat until well blended.
- 2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Gradually beat into butter mixture until well blended.
- 3. Whisk together jam and rose water to taste in a small bowl. Spread 2 heaping tbsp. batter in each liner. Top with 1 tsp. jam mixture, then another 2 heaping tbsp. batter, carefully spreading it to cover jam.
- 4. Bake cupcakes until a toothpick inserted toward the edge comes out clean, 25 to 27 minutes. Let cool in pans 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting and decorate with rose petals.
- *Find with cocktail or baking supplies.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cupcake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note