I love this recipe. I made it for a bbq gathering and it turned out perfectly. Served it with vanilla bean and impressed the heck out of my husband! Am making it again as the kids love it! I thought the rhubarb would be hard and sour, but it was not tart at all. I let the rhubarb sit in the sugar for a couple of hours as I was preparing the other dishes. It's a nice quick recipe with great results.
Photo: Joshua Paul; Styling: Alicia Warner
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh strawberries, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 5 stalks rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (about 1 small orange)
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients with hands until crumbly. Add egg, and combine. Place on top of fruit mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note