This was my first attempt to make jam and it came out great. Nice flavor, not too sweet, a big hit with friends and family. I'm going to try more jam and canning recipes as a result.
Strawberry Raspberry Jam
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 23
- Calories from fat: 3%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 4.7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (half a 1 3/4-oz. package) Sure-Jell pectin labeled "For less or no sugar needed recipes"
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely mashed strawberries (from 1 lb. fruit)
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely mashed raspberries (12 oz.)
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened berry juice blend*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon butter (prevents foaming)
- 1. Combine pectin and 1/4 cup sugar in a 5- to 6-qt. pot. Stir in berries, then berry and lemon juices and butter. Bring mixture to a brisk boil over high heat, stirring often.
- 2. Add remaining 1 cup sugar. Return jam to a brisk boil, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 3. Ladle jam into heatproof jars and close with lids. Let cool to room temperature. Keeps, chilled, up to 1 month.
- *We used Santa Cruz Organic Berry Nectar.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note