These pancakes were delicious. Next time however, I will try to make my own pancake mix instead of using Bisquick. I did not realize, until I was filling out the nutrition details, that Bisquick has trans fat in it. It's only 1.5g, but any is too much for me. I am on a strict diet & I count all my numbers. I aim for 10g fat, 30g carbs, & 20g protein per meal. This went only a bit over but was a special treat for myself since I've been good. I hope everyone enjoys it. :)
Strawberry Protein Pancakes
I created this recipe with the intention of using up some Bisquick mix in my cabinet & some strawberries I had in the fridge. The problem was that regular pancakes have too many carbs & hardly any protein. I'm on a low carb high protein diet, so this is what I came up with. I used BSN's Lean Dessert Protein Shake Whipped Vanilla flavor for the protein powder, but I'm sure any other vanilla protein powder would work. Also, if you don't like Cool Whip I was thinking Agave Nector would be good too!
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) Bisquick mix
- 1 whole(s) Scoop of Protein Powder (I used BSN Lean Dessert Whipped Vanilla)
- 1 whole(s) Egg
- 1/3 cup(s) Milk (I used Blue Diamond Almond Milk, orig.)
- 1/2 cup(s) Strawberries Sliced
- 4 tablespoon(s) Light Cool Whip
- 1. Mix the Bisquick, protein powder, egg, & milk to make the pancake batter.
- 2. Heat a skillet over medium heat, & spray with cooking spray.
- 3. Pour batter * onto skillet, & cook until bubbles appear on surface.
- * 1/2 C batter for 2 large pancakes, or 1/4 C batter for 4 small.*
- 4. Flip with a spatula , & cook until lightly browned on the other side.
- 5. Layer pancakes with the Cool Whip & Strawberries.
- NUTRIENT DETAILS - Entire recipes serves 1.
- Calories - 465
- Fat - 16 g (Sat - 6g, Poly - 1g, Mono - 2g, Trans 1.5g)
- Cholesterol - 245 mg
- Sodium - 655 mg
- Potassium - 230 mg
- Carbs - 49 g (Dietary Fiber - 4g Sugars - 9g)
- Protein - 31 g
- Vitamin A - 13%
- Vitamin C - 50%
- Calcium - 37%
- Iron - 18%
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sukimo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes