I have seen this recipe as "Strawberry,pretzel surprise",,, The surprise is to use pineapple juice to make your jello instead of water,,What a deliscious surprise!!!!!!
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 22.5mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 401mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 1 cup crushed mini pretzels
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) container fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine 1 cup crushed pretzels, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Press mixture on bottom of a 13- x 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray. (Mixture will be crumbly.)
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; cool completely.
- Beat softened cream cheese, 5 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla at low speed with an electric mixer until sugar dissolves. Fold in whipped topping; spread over pretzel layer.
- Stir together gelatin and 2 cups boiling water until dissolved; add strawberries. Chill 1 hour or until partially set. Spread gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer; chill 8 hours or until set.
- Stir together sour cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar; spread over top of strawberry layer; sprinkle with pecans.
- Note: Reduce sodium by substituting low-sodium pretzels for regular.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This