Strawberry-Pretzel Ice-Cream Pie
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
Salty-sweet describes the homemade ice cream that stars in this luscious Strawberry-Pretzel Ice-Cream Pie.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (9-oz.) package chocolate wafer cookies (such as Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (11.75-oz.) jar hot fudge topping (such as Smucker's)
- Strawberry-Pretzel Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- Sweetened whipped cream, strawberry slices, pretzel sticks, shaved chocolate
- THE CRUST: Process chocolate wafer cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Stir together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes or until set.
- THE FILLING: Spread half of hot fudge topping on bottom of crust; freeze 10 minutes. Spread half of Strawberry-Pretzel Ice Cream over fudge topping; freeze 15 minutes. Spread remaining fudge topping over pie, and sprinkle with chopped pretzels; freeze 10 minutes. Spread with remaining ice cream, and freeze 15 minutes.
- THE TOPPING: Top with sweetened whipped cream, strawberry slices, pretzel sticks, and shaved chocolate.
Omit basil in the Strawberry-Pretzel Ice Cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This