- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups ruby port
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (1 3/4-ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Chop or crush thawed strawberries in a 4-cup measuring cup. Add water to strawberries to measure 2 1/2 cups.
- Stir together strawberry mixture, ruby port, grated lemon rind, and ground nutmeg in a large saucepan. Stir in fruit pectin.
- Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, and boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add sugar, stirring constantly, and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and skim off any foam.
- Pour hot jam immediately into hot, sterilized jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling-water bath 10 minutes.
- Note: Ruby port is a deep red-colored sweet wine typically enjoyed as an after-dinner drink. It's usually sold in liquor stores because of a higher alcohol content than other wines.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This