Strawberry Pineapple Pie
Treat your loved ones to a spring fruit pie. This luscious dessert has a pretty pink filling and a fluffy whipped cream topping. Irene Caron, Loudon, New Hampshire
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) lemon extract, divided
- 1 can(s) (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 egg yolks
- 10 frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3/4 cup(s) plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoon(s) quick-cooking tapioca
- 5 drop(s) red food coloring, optional
- Place pineapple and strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan. Stir in the tapioca, egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon extract and food coloring if desired. Pour into pastry shell; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar and extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of pie. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AllroySez and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Pineapple Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts