- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 cookies, such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup vanilla-flavored baking chips
- calories 239
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fat 8.8 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 3.2 g
- carbohydrate 38.4 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 212 mg
- calcium 44 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine wafer crumbs and butter, tossing with a fork until moistened. Press crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Place 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries, sugar, and salt in a blender; process until smooth.
Combine boiling water and gelatin in a medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in the pureed strawberry mixture.
Spoon 4 cups sliced strawberries into cooled crust. Pour the gelatin mixture evenly over sliced strawberries. Chill, uncovered, 2 hours or until set.
Place chips in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Submerge bag in very hot water until chips melt. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag, and drizzle melted chips over pie.