Strawberry Peachy Cake
Cool: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 2/3 cup(s) peach jam
- 2/3 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/3 cup(s) buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) strawberry jelly per 8" pan for the top
- 1/4 cup(s) peach jam per 8" pan for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease (2) 8" round cake pans or (1) 11x17 baking dish and line the bottoms with wax paper or dust lightly with flour.
- Sift together in a large mixing bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add the butter and the peach jam, orange juice and vanilla and beat a low speed for 1 minute.
- Add the buttermilk and eggs and beat for and additional 2 minutes on low speed.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pans.
- Dollop the strawberry jelly onto the top in spoonful spacing it out and using a butter knife swirl it around. Dollop the smaller amount of peach jam in a couple spots on the cake top and swirl.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Let cool for at least 1/2 hour before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note