This was such an easy dessert, but so elegant. I made it exactly as written and we loved it. I will certainly make this again when I want to impress for a special dinner.
These creamy and smooth strawberry parfaits taste as good as they look. Top with whipped cream and sliced almonds for a real treat.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 50.8g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Calcium: 157mg
- 4 cups sliced strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup amaretti cookie crumbs (about 8 cookies)
- 1/2 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place 2 cups of strawberry slices and granulated sugar in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Set strawberry puree aside.
- Combine ricotta and next 4 ingredients (ricotta through vanilla) in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Spoon 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs into each of 4 parfait glasses. Top each portion with 2 tablespoons strawberry puree, 1/4 cup strawberry slices, and 3 tablespoons ricotta mixture; repeat the layers. Drizzle the remaining strawberry puree over each serving. Chill for 2 hours. Top each parfait with 2 tablespoons whipped topping and 1 1/2 teaspoons almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts