- 4 1/2 cups crushed strawberries (about 2 quarts whole berries)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 (1 3/4-ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- Combine crushed strawberries, orange rind, and powdered pectin in a flat-bottomed kettle; mix well. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add sugar, and return to a rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note