- 4 1/2 cups crushed strawberries (about 2 quarts whole berries)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 (1 3/4-ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- Combine crushed strawberries, orange rind, and powdered pectin in a flat-bottomed kettle; mix well. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add sugar, and return to a rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This