this is very beautiful and very tasty. Great to use summer fruit.
Strawberry-Nectarine Almond Tart
Yield: Makes 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) plus 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/2 cup packed almond paste, broken into chunks
- 2 1/4 cups sliced firm-ripe nectarines (1/4 in. thick; 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (1/4 in. thick)
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1. In a food processor or bowl, combine flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Add 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks. Whirl or rub in with your fingers until fine crumbs form. Add egg yolk; whirl or mix with a fork until dough holds together. Firmly pat into a ball.
- 2. Press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of a 10- to 11-inch tart pan with removable rim.
- 3. Bake in a 300° regular or convection oven until golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in food processor (no need to wash) or a bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed, whirl or beat remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, egg white, and almond paste until smooth. Gently spread over bottom of tart crust.
- 5. Return to oven and bake until crust is deep golden brown and almond paste mixture feels dry to touch, about 15 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
- 6. Arrange nectarines on almond filling in concentric circles around outside of tart, strawberries in the middle.
- 7. Heat jam in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven on full power (100%) until melted, about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Brush evenly over fruit.
- 8. Chill until jam is set, about 1 hour, or chill airtight up to 6 hours. Remove pan rim and cut tart into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry-Nectarine Almond Tart Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This