YUM! I am doing this tonight, never had them on the grill
A Napoleon is a classic layered dessert of puff pastry with a sweet cream filling. For this easy, low-fat version, grill sheets of phyllo dough, and layer them with fresh strawberries and a honey-sweetened yogurt sauce.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 4 Minutes
- Calories: 156
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 118mg
- Calcium: 117mg
- 2 (5.3-oz.) containers plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 (16-oz.) container fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 frozen phyllo sheets, thawed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Garnishes: mint sprigs, whole strawberries
- 1. Stir together yogurt and honey; cover and chill yogurt sauce until ready to serve.
- 2. Combine strawberries and 2 Tbsp. sugar; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 3. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a flat work surface. Coat with cooking spray, and sprinkle evenly with 1/4 tsp. sugar. Top with 1 phyllo sheet; coat again with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. sugar. Cut phyllo stack into thirds lengthwise; cut each in half, creating 6 even rectangular stacks. Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo sheets, cooking spray, and 1/2 tsp. sugar.
- 4. Grill phyllo stacks, without grill lid, over medium-low heat (300° to 350°) 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 5. Place 1 grilled phyllo stack on each of 6 serving plates; top evenly with half of strawberry slices. Drizzle evenly with half of yogurt sauce. Top each with 1 grilled phyllo stack. Top evenly with remaining strawberry slices and yogurt sauce. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note