- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed and divided
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and mashed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
How to Make It
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, stirring well.
Line the bottom of a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish with half of vanilla wafer crumbs. Pour mixture over wafers. Set aside.
Combine strawberries and sugar in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Fold in whipped cream, and pour over top of mixture in prepared dish. Top with remaining crushed wafers. Freeze overnight.
Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares, and place on individual dishes.
Note: Strawberry Mousse may be prepared in four 2-cup metal ice trays (with dividers removed), and frozen overnight.