Strawberry Mini Muffins low sugar & vegan
Community Recipe from
- 1 slice(s) ibgredients listed below
- These tiny muffins are a very low-sugar option, sweetened with maple syrup, they contain a fraction of the sugar of normal muffins, even if you use the optional frosting.
- “These mini muffins are very lightly sweetened and enter cupcake realm. I made them using Maple Syrup as called for and added a tablespoon of Truvia stevia blend. I suddenly know more vegans than ever in my life but this recipe is wonderful for everyone! You will not believe how delicious they are.” – SML
- •1 cup strawberries, whole
- •1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- •1/4 cup almond milk
- •1 tablespoon lemon juice
- •1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- •1 cup white whole wheat flour – (or unbleached or all purpose if that is what you have)
- •1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- •1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- •1/4 teaspoon salt
- •6 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- •4 teaspoons strawberry puree or all-fruit spread (optional)
- •a few drops vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a mini-muffin pan by oiling it lightly or filling with paper liners.
- Place the strawberries in a food processor or blender and process until they are pureed. Measure out 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the puree into a small bowl and set aside any remaining puree for another use. Add the maple syrup, non-dairy milk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the strawberry mixture. Mix until just blended–do not overmix. Fill mini-muffin cups with about 1 tablespoon of batter each. Bake at 350 F, checking after 10 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, remove and allow to cool completely. Frost if desired (see Notes below).
- To prepare frosting, combine 6 tablespoons confectioners sugar, 4 teaspoons strawberry puree or strawberry all-fruit spread, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Stir well. If frosting seems too runny, add more sugar; if too stiff, add more puree. Frost center of muffins lightly just before serving (if you use too much, it will drip off), and refrigerate any leftovers.
- To make these completely sugar-free, replace the maple syrup with more strawberry puree, and add stevia to taste.
- Preparation time: 15 minute(s) | Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
- Number of servings (yield): about 20 mini-muffins or 6 regular-sized ones Nutrition (per mini-muffin, without frosting): 35 calories, 2 calories from fat, <1g protein, 1.3 points
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mamatbear1941 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Mini Muffins low sugar & vegan Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes