Strawberry Meringue Parfaits
You can substitute store-bought meringue cookies for the Meringues.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk or half-and-half
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sprinkle sliced strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in egg yolks and milk; cook milk mixture, whisking often, 12 minutes or until thickened. Bring milk mixture to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove mixture from heat; stir in butter and vanilla extract. Cover and chill 6 hours.
- Spoon half of custard into 6 parfait glasses; top with half of sliced strawberries and 3 Meringues. Repeat layers, ending with 1 Meringue on top of each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Meringue Parfaits Recipe at a Glance