simple and easy but I just thought this was "OK". I made this for brunch when I invited friends over. It ended up going on top of pear crepes and on it's own was nothing special. I wish I would have just made a standard fruit salad.
At just 4 ingredients, this zingy salad is packed with flavor. You can make this compote up to 4 hours ahead; cover and chill.
Yield: Makes about 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 89
- Calories from fat: 4%
- Protein: 1.2g
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sodium: 9.7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 navel oranges
- 2 pints strawberries
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Using a sharp, serrated knife, cut off and discard ends from oranges. Following the curve of the fruit, cut off peel and outer membrane. Slice oranges crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rounds.
- 2. Hull and slice strawberries; add to oranges.
- 3. In a small bowl, stir together marmalade and lemon juice. Add to fruit and mix gently to coat.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry-Marmalade Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch, Salads
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, No-Cook, Quick/Easy, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, Low Sodium
- OCCASION: Mother's Day, Spring, Summer
- PUBLICATION: Sunset