These are potent, yet amazingly smooth-tasting when you use good-quality tequila and orange liqueur and thoroughly shake the mixture with ice before pouring over ice cubes to serve.
More From Southern Living
- Lime wedge
- Red decorator sugar crystals
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed
- Garnish: lime wedges
- 1. Rub rims of 4 chilled glasses with lime wedge; dip rims in red decorator sugar crystals to coat. Fill glasses with ice.
- 2. Stir together tequila and next 3 ingredients in a small pitcher, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Process strawberries in blender 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir strawberry puree into tequila mixture.
- 3. Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add desired amount of margarita mixture, cover with lid, and shake until thoroughly chilled. Strain into prepared glasses. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tested with Jose Cuervo Especial for tequila and Triple Sec for orange liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note