This Southwestern staple uses sweet strawberries and sugar to smooth the tartness.
Yield: Makes about 5 1/2 cups
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 5 cups ice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Lime juice
- Red sugar crystals
- Garnishes: lime slices, fresh strawberries
- Process first 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Dip margarita glass rims in lime juice; dip rims in red sugar crystals, coating well. Pour margarita mixture into glasses. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Grand Marnier for orange liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages