Strawberry-Lime Ice-Cream Pie
This pie will soften quickly due to the alcohol content, which lowers the freezing temperature of the ice cream.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Stand: 35 Minutes
Freeze: 3 Hours
- 4 cups pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (1/2-gallon) container premium strawberry ice cream
- 1 (16-ounce) container fresh strawberries (1 quart), stemmed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
- Garnishes: lime rind curls, fresh whole strawberries, pretzels
- Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until pretzels are finely crushed. Firmly press mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Let strawberry ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Process strawberries and powdered sugar in food processor until pureed, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; cut into large (3-inch) pieces. Fold strawberry mixture, limeade concentrate, and orange juice concentrate into ice cream until well blended. Spoon mixture into prepared crust in springform pan. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Blue Bell Ice Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note