- 4 cups pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (1/2-gallon) container premium strawberry ice cream
- 1 (16-ounce) container fresh strawberries (1 quart), stemmed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
- Garnishes: lime rind curls, fresh whole strawberries, pretzels
How to Make It
Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until pretzels are finely crushed. Firmly press mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Let strawberry ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until slightly softened.
Process strawberries and powdered sugar in food processor until pureed, stopping to scrape down sides.
Place ice cream in a large bowl; cut into large (3-inch) pieces. Fold strawberry mixture, limeade concentrate, and orange juice concentrate into ice cream until well blended. Spoon mixture into prepared crust in springform pan. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Blue Bell Ice Cream.