Used this recipe to use up some strawberries that were going bad. The recipe is easy to put together. My husband really likes it, I think it is ok...maybe not lemony enough.
Traditional lemonade gets an update with the addition of fresh sweet strawberries, which add both flavor and color to the thirst-quenching beverage.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (8 oz. each)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 164
- Calories from fat: 0.5%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 274mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 or 4 lemons
- About 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Thin lemon slices (optional)
- 1. Cut the lemons in half and ream juice from them. Pour the juice through a fine-mesh strainer into a measuring cup and discard the seeds and pulp. You should have 1/2 cup. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Place 4 cups water, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and strawberries in a pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir often with a spoon and, using the back of it, crush the berries. Continue to boil, stirring often, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Let cool, cover, and refrigerate until well chilled.
- 3. Pour the chilled syrup through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher; discard the pulp. Add the lemon juice to syrup and stir well. Taste, and adjust to desired sweetness.
- 4. Pour lemonade into glasses. Serve with ice cubes and garnish with thin lemon slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Beverages