After making this cake the first time it has been the cake request in the future. Absolutely delicious. Tart cake with sweet strawberry topping. Highly recommend others trying it.
Strawberry-Lemon Sheet Cake
Angie Beachy's divine cake layers inspired us to bake in a jellyroll pan, and then stack the halves with a simple strawberry-lemon filling.
Yield: Makes 15 servings
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Strawberry-Lemon Filling
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Line a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper; lightly grease parchment paper.
- Combine cake flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl until blended; whisk into dry ingredients just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and remove parchment paper; let cool completely. Transfer cake to a large cutting board.
- Cut sheet cake in half to make 2 squares. Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread top with half of Strawberry-Lemon Filling. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining filling over top.
- Beat whipping cream and sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; spoon into a 1-gallon zip-top plastic freezer bag, press whipped cream into one corner of bag removing excess air, and snip a 1/4-inch hole in corner of bag. Pipe whipped cream vertically onto cake sides.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry-Lemon Sheet Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This