Delicious! I use this as a filling on so many cakes, and as a drizzle to cheesecakes. Everyone loves it!
One of the easiest fillings you'll come across! One online reviewer says, "Delicious! I use this as a filling on so many cakes, and as a drizzle to cheesecakes. Everyone loves it." Make this Strawberry-Lemon Filling up to three days ahead, if desired.
This recipe goes with Strawberry-Lemon Sheet Cake
- 1 (16-ounce) package whole frozen strawberries
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Bring strawberries, 4 tablespoons sugar, and lemon juice to a boil in a medium saucepan, and cook 5 minutes.
- Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and flour in a saucepan. Whisk in strawberry mixture; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbling around edges. Pour into a glass bowl, cover surface with plastic wrap; chill at least 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note