- 3 quarts fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 7 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 (3-ounce) packages liquid fruit pectin
- Combine strawberries and water in a flat-bottomed kettle; crush berries. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Strain berries through a damp jelly bag, reserving 3 3/4 cups juice. Discard pulp.
- Combine reserved juice, lemon juice, and sugar in kettle. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add liquid pectin, and return to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Quickly ladle jelly into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note