This pie was delicious. I agree that the recipe is a bit vague. I used one sleeve of chocolate graham crackers. Since we're not eating the whole pie in one sitting, next time I would just keep the strawberry topping in the fridge and top each slice with strawberries whenever I have a slice of pie or else the strawberrie freeze and become too hard.
Deep-Dish Strawberry Ice Dream Pie
More From Cooking Light
Total: 5 Hours, 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 264
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 196mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 30 chocolate wafers
- 5 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Dash of salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups frozen low-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Finely grind wafers in a food processor. Add butter, egg white, and salt; process until well combined. Gently press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9.5-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Freeze 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- 3. Slice 1 cup of strawberries; place in large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon strawberry jam and lemon juice; gently stir. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into prepared crust, smoothing top. Freeze 4 hours or up to overnight.
- 4. Quarter remaining strawberries lengthwise; combine with remaining 3 tablespoons jam. Arrange mixture over pie. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note