Strawberry Ice Cream Shortcakes
- 1 (16-ounce) container strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweet Cakes
- 4 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Rinse strawberries; drain but don't completely dry. Combine with sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until sugar dissolves and syrup forms.
- 2. Combine cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- 3. Cut Sweet Cakes in half horizontally. Spoon half of strawberries and syrup evenly over cake bottoms. Top each with 3/4 cup ice cream and cake tops. Spoon remaining strawberries and syrup over biscuits; dollop with sweetened whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note