We loved this recipe! I substituted peaches for the strawberries. The only thing I would change would be to add a small amount of chopped fruit to the cream at the end. It could have used a little more texture.
Strawberry Ice Cream
Just five ingredients deliciously showcase fresh berries at their peak.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 162mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Calcium: 153mg
- 3 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, pureed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Heat milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil).
- 2. Combine sugar and egg yolks in a bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until thick and pale. Gradually add half of hot milk to the egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly. Return milk mixture to pan. Cook over medium-low heat 6 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl; cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in pureed strawberries and vanilla. Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts