Pour this spiced syrup over pancakes or ice cream, or stir it into lemonade. Prep and Cook Time: about 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 31
- Calories from fat: 2.9%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 7.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 0.8mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1. Use a potato masher to coarsely crush the berries in a medium bowl. Pour mashed berries into a 2- to 3-quart pan and set over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients.
- 2. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, until the berries cook down to a purée and turn bright red, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Pour mixture through a fine strainer and press any solids to extract all the juices; you should have about 1 1/2 cups (if the mixture is too thick, thin with water). Serve syrup warm or at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-tablespoon serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note