Strawberry-Fruit Toss With Cornmeal Shortcakes
Shortcut: Bake frozen biscuits to use in place of the shortcakes. The fruit mixture is also a great topper for ice cream or pound cake.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) container fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cornmeal Shortcakes, warm
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients; let mixture stand 15 minutes, gently stirring after 7 minutes.
- 2. Beat whipping cream and 1 tsp. sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Use immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 hours.
- 3. Place warm Cornmeal Shortcakes on dessert plates, and spoon strawberry mixture over shortcakes. Serve immediately with whipped cream. Or, if desired, split shortcakes, and place one half on each dessert plate. Spoon strawberry mixture over shortcake halves; top with whipped cream and remaining shortcake halves. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note