I liked that this frosting wasn't strictly cream cheese or whipped cream, but a mixture of both. I liked the flavor. My only criticism is it didn't hold up well over a couple of days. If I were to use it again, I would use it for a cake that I know would be eaten FAST.
Crown your favorite springtime dessert with Strawberry Frosting that's made with fresh strawberries and a drop of pink coloring for flair.
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 drop pink food coloring gel (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer until smooth; add strawberries and food coloring (if desired); beat until blended.
- 2. Beat cream and juice at medium speed until foamy; increase speed to medium-high, and slowly add remaining 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold half of cream mixture into cheese mixture; fold in remaining cream mixture. Use immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note