This is a very springy, light frosting that doesn't leave you in a sugar coma after eating it. My only suggestion is that you make sure you whip the cream to soft peaks, even leaning on the side of hard peaks. I thought I whipped it to soft peaks but then I added the sour cream and it came out very soupy. After chilling it for a few hours I managed to save it.
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1. Stir together first 2 ingredients in a small bowl; cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- 2. Beat whipping cream and gelatin mixture at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Stir in sour cream, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring just until blended after each addition.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note