Community Recipe from
- 30 ounce(s) Frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- "Strawberry Puree" recipe from "The Cake Bible". It makes a really concentrated strawberry puree, and mixes in really well with the buttercream/doesn't water it down b/c almost all of the water is reduced out.
- 20 oz. Frozen unsweetened whole strawberries (or use fresh, as I have)
- 2 tsps lemon juice, freshly sqeezed
- Place frozen berries in a strainer over a deep bowl to thaw completely. Press if necessary, to force out the juice. You should have close to 1 1/4 Cups. Discard solids. In a sauce pan, boil/simmer and reduce to about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup. Cool throughly, and mix into a basic buttercream.
- (I used about 2 20 oz bags of frozen strawberries for 5 sticks of butter worth of frosting, so I think 30 oz would work well with 1 lb/4 sticks of butter worth of frosting, but it depends on how deep a strawberry flavor you are going for. I believe I made 3 sticks worth of frosting of the "Ultimate Vanilla Buttercream Frosting" for 48 cupcakes)
- I've made both of these and either would work:
- Vanilla Buttercream (Basic Buttercream)
- Ultimate Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts