You can make these delicious little sweets without their toppings up to a day ahead and reheat them in the oven before serving. Children may prefer them without the balsamic drizzle, so be sure to set some aside if you're having young guests. Fromage blanc is a soft, mild, fresh cream cheese.
Southern Living APRIL 2011
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Process first 6 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Slowly sift in flour; process until blended.
2. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful mixture into each phyllo shell. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set.
4. Meanwhile, cook balsamic vinegar in a large saucepan over medium heat 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
5. Toss strawberries with sugar. Spoon strawberries over tartlets; drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve immediately.
Note: We tested with Belle Chèvre fromage blanc, Grand Marnier orange liqueur, and Colavita Balsamic Vinegar.
Go to full version of