Strawberry-Fromage Blanc Tartlets
You can make these delicious little sweets without their toppings up to a day ahead and reheat them in the oven before serving. Children may prefer them without the balsamic drizzle, so be sure to set some aside if you're having young guests. Fromage blanc is a soft, mild, fresh cream cheese.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- 1 (6-oz.) container fromage blanc
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (1.9-oz.) packages frozen mini-phyllo pastry shells
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 pt. fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Process first 6 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Slowly sift in flour; process until blended.
- 2. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful mixture into each phyllo shell. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook balsamic vinegar in a large saucepan over medium heat 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- 5. Toss strawberries with sugar. Spoon strawberries over tartlets; drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tested with Belle Chèvre fromage blanc, Grand Marnier orange liqueur, and Colavita Balsamic Vinegar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note