I absolutely LOVE this salad! I had to leave out the nectarines and green tomato, because they were unavailable, but the salad was still wonderful. I loved the salad dressing as is, although I don't think the poppy seeds are necessary. I will definitely make this again. DO NOT leave out the fresh basil!
Strawberry Fields Salad
An easy layered strawberry salad recipe presents perfectly at a family dinner, brunch, or shower and is delicious, to boot.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 4 large nectarines, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 3/4 cup Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 (10-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large green tomato, diced*
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package roasted glazed pecan pieces
- 1. Toss nectarines with 1/4 cup Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 2. Layer gourmet mixed salad greens, nectarines, strawberries, and next 4 ingredients in a large glass bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 8 hours. Toss salad with remaining 1/2 cup dressing just before serving.
- *1 1/2 cups halved miniature heirloom green tomatoes may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads