Strawberry Fields Forever Salad
Too many ripe strawberries (is there such a thing?) led Jenna Burke to come up with some new uses. This sweet and savory salad is one happy result. Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 209
- Calories from fat: 82%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 7.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 176mg
- Cholesterol: 8.4mg
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 6 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and dry mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine salad greens, strawberries, pecans, and red onion. Toss with dressing. Top with blue cheese and serve.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads