1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter springform pan.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Add the butter, 3/4 of the half-and-half, and vanilla; beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Scrape bowl, add remaining half-and-half and eggs. Beat for two more minutes.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Cool in pan ten minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
1. Reserve enough of the best strawberries to decorate the top. Slice the remaining strawberries; set aside. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and allow to sit for five minutes. Place the bowl in a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until the gelatin is dissolved. Add the raspberry jam.
2. In a large bowl, beat the cream just until soft peaks form. Add sugar and gelatin mixture and beat until stiff peaks form. Taste and add more sugar, if desired.
1. Slice the cake into three layers. Spread 1/4 of the cream on the bottom layer, cover with 1/2 of the sliced strawberries. Repeat with second layer and place third layer on top. Cover top and sides of cake with cream.
2. With a pastry bag, pipe rosettes of the remaining cream around the top edge of the cake. Completely fill the center of the cake with whole strawberries, base down. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Go to full version of