These are wonderful. Waaay better than using a bottled mix. They take a little time, but they're worth it. I used Captain Morgan rum - perfect. Cheers! Step-by-step photos on my blog: http://tinyurl.com/26qqh5j
The Simple Syrup recipe makes enough for three batches of strawberry daiquiris or two batches of the blueberry or raspberry variation. The syrup is also handy for sweetening iced tea.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 107
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Calcium: 6mg
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl, and discard solids. Combine strawberry mixture, 3 cups crushed ice, rum, and lime juice in blender, and process until smooth.
- Blueberry Daiquiri variation: Substitute 1 cup blueberries for strawberries. Increase Simple Syrup to 3/4 cup. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup).
- CALORIES 140 (1% from fat); FAT 0.1g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g); PROTEIN 0.2g; CARB 25.3g; FIBER 0.6g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 0.1mg; SODIUM 1mg; CALC 4mg
- Raspberry Daiquiri variation: Substitute 1 (6-ounce) container raspberries for strawberries. Increase Simple Syrup to 3/4 cup. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup).
- CALORIES 141 (1% from fat); FAT 0.2g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0.1g); PROTEIN 0.4g; CARB 25.1g; FIBER 0.6g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 0.2mg; SODIUM 1mg; CALC 9mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note