Yum! Very unusual and flavorful.
Strawberry, Cucumber, and Basil Salad
This Strawberry, Cucumber, and Basil Salad recipe is a perfect way to enjoy summer produce. One online reviewer says, "My family loves this salad. We've been making it for years. When strawberries are in season I make it as often as I can." Serve as a side salad, starter, or snack.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 49
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 4 cups hulled strawberries, quartered (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Combine cucumbers and juice; toss to coat. Add cucumber mixture, salt, and pepper to strawberry mixture; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This