Great summer salad. The cucumbers do not hold up for very long so only make enough for the meal at hand and serve immediately.
Strawberry, Cucumber, and Basil Salad
This Strawberry, Cucumber, and Basil Salad recipe is a perfect way to enjoy summer produce. One online reviewer says, "My family loves this salad. We've been making it for years. When strawberries are in season I make it as often as I can." Serve as a side salad, starter, or snack.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 49
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 4 cups hulled strawberries, quartered (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Combine cucumbers and juice; toss to coat. Add cucumber mixture, salt, and pepper to strawberry mixture; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This