Strawberry Cream Éclairs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (11-ounce) package piecrust mix
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 quart sliced strawberrues
- Grand Marnier Pastry Cream
- White Chocolate Glaze
- Chocolate Glaze
- Bring 1 1/3 cups water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in piecrust mix, beating vigorously wigth a wooden spoon 1 minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan.
- Place dough in bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer; cool 5 minutes. Beat dough at medium speed with electric mixer using paddle attachment. Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. (If desired, eggs and egg whites may be added 1 at a time and beaten vigorously with a wooden spoon instead of using the mixer.)
- Spoon dough into a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. (A large pastry bag may also be used.) Cut a 1 1/2-inch opening across one corner of the bag. Pipe 4-inch-long strips of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425º for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. (Do not underbake.) Remove from oven, and cut a small slit in side of each éclair to allow steam to except. Cool on wire racks.
- Split éclairs using a serrated knife, starting at 1 long side without cutting through opposite side. Pull out and discard soft dough inside.
- Slice 1 quart strawberries, and spoon evenly into éclairs before filling with pastry cream. Carefully spoon about 1/4 cup Grand Marnier Pastry Cream into each éclair; close top of each éclair over fillling. Top evenly with White Chocolate Glaze and drizzle with Chocolate Glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note