- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups regular or quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry preserves or jam
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Pulse first 3 ingredients and 1/3 cup sugar in a food processor 3 or 4 times or until combined. Add butter; pulse until crumbly. Add oats; pulse to blend. Set aside 1 1/2 cups oat mixture.
Press remaining oat mixture into bottom of a greased and aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.
Spread preserves onto crust. Stir together cream cheese, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, and almond extract, if desired, in a small bowl. Spoon small dollops of cream cheese mixture onto preserves; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; cut into bars.